We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced CPA to join our close-knit team of professionals. At Yale PGC LLP, you will interact with a wide range of clients and focus on meeting their needs in an efficient and friendly manner.
You will be responsible for the oversight and completion of files individually and as part of a team, working directly for partners. The successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to work well with minimal supervision and balance multiple tasks and files. This role is ideal for a professional looking for a long-term career in public practice, primarily serving privately-owned, owner-managed companies. This position offers the potential of an eventual partnership opportunity with the firm.
Job Type: Full-time
- Work independently and as part of a team to plan, complete and review notice-to-reader, review and audit engagements
- Review financial statements and related note disclosures
- Prepare and review corporate and personal tax returns, partnership returns, trust returns and not-for-profit organization information and charitable tax returns
- Identify and resolve accounting, audit and tax issues
- Support junior staff during group engagements and manage the overall engagement from planning to completion
- Analyze financial information and business processes
- Work with partners to develop and implement tax strategies for clients
- Provide professional and timely service to clients, fostering strong working relationships
- Provide bookkeeping support to clients as well as assist with various other issues
- Identify potential client opportunities
- Canadian CPA designation
- 4+ years practical experience at a small to mid-sized public accounting firm
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience with CaseWare/CaseView/Taxprep/QuickBooks is considered an asset
To keep staff as safe as possible we minimize the number of people working at each of our office locations. Physical distancing measures are in place and many team members work remotely.